Involving kids in the kitchen is quite a fun thing to do. Seeing your kids taking up tasks with full responsibility and then your kids getting the feeling of world’s best cook is incomparable.
As a kid grows, the first thing he/she does to show involvement and sense of responsibility is assisting mom in the kitchen. Of course, it depends on moms if they wish to allow their kid in the kitchen or not, but if a mom does not restrict a kid working in the kitchen, then probably kitchen works are the first thing that kids take up. There is no denial to it. They would want to imitate what their mom does.
While I talk about Kid’s involvement in the kitchen, let me also share few recipes that kids can make along with their parents. If you are a mom who encourages working together with kids in the kitchen, these recipes will surely help. They are difficult and at the same time are fun to do together.
Have a look.
1. Crunchy Baked Bananas
- 4 small bananas
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Yogurt or Ice cream (For Serving)
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius. In the meanwhile ask your kid to peel the bananas and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Now ask your kid to place the bananas in a shallow casserole dish. Pour orange juice over the bananas and drizzle honey over the bananas.
- Tell your kid to sprinkle raisins, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Place the dish one top shelf of oven for 15—20 minutes. If you are using a Microwave, then also the time duration stays the same.
- Serve hot with yogurt or ice cream.
2. Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter + more for greasing
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup whole roasted peanuts
- 4 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Slightly grease a baking dish with butter. Preferred size is 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low to medium flame till the time butter begins to smell nutty or forms brown specks begin to form. Now add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove pan from heat and ask your kid to stir in peanut butter until it melts completely.
- Now allow the kid to add in puffed rice cereal and peanuts, and again tell the kid to stir well till the things are well coated.
- In the time being place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate melts completely.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled crispy rice treats. If you are sure that your kid can handle this, and then allow your kid to do this.
- Cut into bars and serve.
3. Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
For this recipe, all you need to do is to instruct your kid and provide with the ingredients, rest the kid shall easily do.
- Pour all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend them all together till everything is smooth.
4. Simple Cupcakes
- 125g butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour all the ingredients apart from milk in a food processor and ask your kid to blend it until smooth.
- Now slowly add milk and blend just a little to make a soft, dropping consistency mixture.
- Divide this mixture into 12 parts, each for a paper case in a muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until the cakes are golden on top.
- Cool on a wire rack and when completely cold, do the icing with your kid. This will be a real fun thing to do with your kid.
5. Strawberry Surprise
- ¾ cup milk
- ‘½ cup strawberry yogurt
- ½ box of strawberries
- A pinch cinnamon
- Pour milk into a food processor and wash strawberries. Do not forget to remove stalks.
- Add washed strawberries and yogurt into the food processor.
- Pour into glasses and tell your kid to sprinkle cinnamon.
These were some really easy recipes for you to try with your kids. Kids’ involvement not only makes them feel responsible but they also tend to feel proud of doing a task and as a bonus such involvements also help you to bond with kids better.
You may also like:
- Mix Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers
- 7 Tasty Easy Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
- Oats and Apple Pie Recipe for Babies
- 5 Easy Ways to Give Spinach to Baby
- Capsicum Tomato Salsa Recipe for 1 Year Babies
- Dal Soup Recipe for Babies
Do try these out and let us know how you liked these?