Spinach is nutrition packed leafy vegetable and is a must in your toddler’s diet in growth years. Just as how much necessary it is for your toddlers to eat spinach, it is equally hard to serve your toddlers with spinach.
Moms really struggle hard to convince their children to eat spinach. To bring an end to all struggle. Today I shall tell you all 5 Spinach recipes for toddlers.
Go through the recipes and pick your favorite for your kid.
1. Sautéed Spinach Baby Food
Take any amount Of Spinach (as per your toddler’s need & requirement) and some olive oil.
- Sort out good leaves of Spinach from damaged leaves and then thoroughly wash the spinach.
- In consideration with the amount of spinach leaves, heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- After the oil is heated, put the spinach leaves and sauté them till they turn tender.
- Now puree the sautéed spinach in a blender.
- Add warm water to achieve desired consistency of the puree.
You can also add spices like garlic cloves, basil or onion in step 3 if your toddler is able to take these.
2. Green Smoothie Recipe
Not all green smoothies easily make their way to your kids’ palette but this yummy smoothie will definitely be loved by your child.
For the smoothie you need,
- 1 cup green grapes,
- 3 cups of chopped pineapple,
- 1 cup washed spinach,
- 2 cups of natural unsweetened pineapple juice,
- ¾ cup vanilla yogurt,
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Wash spinach, grapes and pine apple really well.
- Blend them all together until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
3. Spinach Bars
For making these baked cheesy squares, you will need:
- 3 Tablespoons of butter,
- 3 eggs,
- 1 Cup of milk,
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 1 .5 teaspoon of minced garlic,
- 1/2 a cup of chopped fresh mushrooms,
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese,
- 10oz. Chopped spinach.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Till the time the oven preheats, melt butter in a 9*13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder & garlic together.
- Add in mushrooms, spinach and cheese. Stir gain to blend evenly.
- Coat the baking dish with butter and pour in the blended spinach mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, till firm & golden.
- Cut into bars or as desired, and serve warm.
This will make 12 servings, you can alter the quantities are per required servings.
4. Hot Spinach Dip Recipe
To make this hot spinach with extra layers of flavors, you will need:
- 5 slices of bacon,
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion,
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic,
- 1/4 cup of white wine or chicken broth,
- 10.5 oz. chopped spinach,
- 12 oz. cream cheese (cut into 1-inch chunks),
- 2/3 cup of sour cream,
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt,
- 5-6 dashes hot sauce(or as per taste),
- 1-1/4 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish or pie plate with cooking spray.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and minced garlic to heated oil, cooking and stirring frequently over medium heat until onions are soft and golden.
- Add in wine or chicken broth. Cook for 2 minutes or until the liquid evaporates some.
- Stir in spinach (make sure you squeeze out all of the water), cream cheese chunks, sour cream, salt and hot sauce. Cook until cream cheese melts. Stir in all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bacon. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of spinach dip. Broil 5 minutes or until cheese melts and hot spinach dip is ready.
5. Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes
Make your regular mashed potato recipe a little more interesting and nutritious. To make cheesy spinach mashed potatoes, you will need:
- Vegetable cooking spray,
- 24 oz. fresh spinach,
- 5 cloves of minced garlic,
- 4 lb. of Gold potatoes,
- peeled and chopped,
- 1/2 Cups of butter,
- 1 1/4 Cup of warm milk,
- 3 cups of Swiss cheese,
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook spinach and garlic over medium heat, until it wilts.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until tender, this may take 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them well.
- Add butter and milk, in the skillet with the spinach and potato. Stir until smooth.
- Add cheese and stir till the cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
So, mommies, these were five great spinach recipes for your toddlers.
Which among these are you going to try first?
You may also like:
- 7 Quick and Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids
- 5 Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- Mix Vegetable Soup for Babies and Toddlers
- 7 Tasty Easy Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
- 5 Easy Ways to Give Spinach to Baby
Do you have more spinach recipes to share with us?
Leave a Reply