Almond and milk both are great for babies. And when given in combination, they turn into a super-food. Almonds give vitamins, minerals and fibers. The milk is rich in calcium and protein.
This milk is suitable for kids older than a year. You can substitute milk with water if you want it light or better use water and milk in combination if you don’t want to give only milk to your little one.
You Will Need
- 20 Almonds
- 500 milk or milk diluted with water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- cardamom powder- a pinch
- Saffron- 6 strands
- Soak the almonds for around 8 hours and peel the skin.
- Bring the milk to boil in a pan on medium flame. Add sugar, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Grind almonds to make a smooth paste with little water or milk.
- Add the almond mixture to the boiling milk.
- Keep stirring and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes and then turn the flame off.
- Filter the milk if it has any coarse particles.
You can give it to your kid either warm or chilled. This milk can also be used in other recipes instead of regular milk.
You can store this almond milk in the refrigerator for 2 days maximum.
Leave a Reply