I have a toddler who is really a fussy eater and she needs something new and different every day. Soup is something which she still likes a bit. I am sharing one of the dal soup recipes which I recently made and that was the only thing which she had in the whole day. It’s a very simple recipe and all the ingredients are easily available in the household.
You may also like:
- Chicken Soup for Babies With Cold
- Chickpea Tomato Soup for Babies
- Easy Carrot Soup Recipes for Babies
- 5 Quick Ways to Cook Maggi for Your Child
- Homemade Food Recipes for Babies – Ragi, Wheat & Green Gram
Lentils are one of the main and easy sources of protein and fiber for vegetarians. It’s a very simple recipe and one can experiment with many veggies and the taste of the lentil soup won’t change too.
Ingredients Required for the Dal Soup (For 1 Cup)
- 2 tbsp split yellow gram (moong dal)(One can use masoor dal or split red lentils)
- 1 cup water
- Veggies such as carrot, spinach, bottle gourd(I generally prefer a small piece of carrot, 3-4 spinach leaves etc)
- 1tsp butter/ghee
- 1/4tsp cumin seeds
Method & Preparation
Pressure cook lentils, one veggie of your choice, water, salt and turmeric. Give it two whistles. Mash the dal/lentil or you can strain it for thinner consistency to get the clear dal soup. I generally try to make it a thick soup so that it becomes a wholesome meal. You can add a bit of water to lighten the consistency.
Take a small pan and add butter/ghee into it and 1/4th of cumin seeds. Pour this in the soup.
So a very healthy and nutritious soup is ready to be served 🙂
I know this soup is prepared in a lot of Indian homes but every one has a different method. So do let us know how you make your lentil soup 🙂