Being a mother is not an easy job. Your first priority remains your child followed by your health, family carrier, etc. I don’t remember taking out time for myself since my baby’s birth. All things which I enjoy – be it makeup, food or special things are because of the blogs which I run and I consider myself fortunate for it.
Taking out time for fitness is only possible with family support. I do like to go to my gym and so much so I do wish to attend it every single day but my timings don’t let me. Sometimes my child is not feeling well, or my husband has an extra meeting, or worse the maids/Nanny who never can understand how much you are struggling to manage your life. Still, I am really proud and consider it as an achievement that I have been eating healthy as much as possible.
There are a few tips and tricks which I have followed which have brought a lot of happiness, strength and energy in me and makes me feel much better and fitter and my willpower too has built up. Even if my rest of the family is having Pizza I just take a slice unlike before I still wanted the next slice or I should say whole pizza 😛
This is because of the good food which I have included in my diet which not only tastes good but makes me feel full as well.
Before going to the recipes I am listing down few pointers which help in preparing quick and tasty meals.
- I stuff my fridge all the healthy vegetables at the beginning of the week. Getting all these things in the middle of the week makes me feel lazy.
- I have no chips, instant food, soft drinks in my kitchen. They are just not allowed. If somebody wants it just order it and finish it then and there. I know if I have Maggi, chips or anything fattening in my kitchen, I will certainly end up eating it.
- Olive oil, Oregano, freshly grounded black pepper, Red chilli flakes turns any bland full tasty (although should never be over-indulged)
- Don’t eat the same type of food every day. This will certainly bore you and you will end up picking your phone and ordering something interesting (and fattening) for yourself.
- Take out some time for cooking. It always helps.
- Keep trying different recipes and turn them into a habit.
- Always eat something healthy before eating anything outside.
Here are a few of the recipes which I have which are almost a complete meal and are quick and instant. I will be quick in explaining them. If you have any questions you can ask me in the comment section.
1. Vegetable Omelette
- In a pan add 2tsp. olive oil and saute broccoli, onions, capsicum, half potato (I added this for some taste), lots of mushrooms . Make sure they are nicely cooked.If you have a steamer then steam all the vegetables and saute in 1 tsp. of oil. Add salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl beat an egg and add salt and black pepper.
- In a wide pan pour over the beaten egg and add all the cooked vegetables . When omelette is done flip it up side down on a plate. This recipe is really filling and tastes good. Spread tomato sauce over it to get that extra yummy flavour.
2. Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Take lettuce leaves, onions, tomatoes, cucumber and add 1tsp. of mayonnaise, 1tsp sugar, 1tsp white vinegar, salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Boil one egg and slice them up
- You can make it as a simple sandwich or a grilled one.
- On one slice of brown bread place lettuce leaves then boiled sliced eggs. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it. Then add tomatoes, onion and lettuce leaves again.
- You can complete the sandwich by placing another slice of bread or you can just have it with once slice to save on carbs.
3. Mushroom & Capsicum Salad
Steamed yellow capsicum, mushrooms and baby corn for 20 minutes. Add 1tsp sugar, 2tsp white vinegar, salt, pepper and have a big bowl of it before your dinner. You will not be able to eat more than one bread/chapati. It’s quite filling.
4. Corn Salad
I tried the above recipe with steamed sweet, green capsicum and mushroom. Tastes equally great. I love another version of corn salad whose picture I forgot to click. Steam 200gm of corn add chopped tomatoes in it and 1 chopped cheese cube. Add salt and pepper. It tastes great.
- 1 cup sweet corn (steamed)(You can take canned sweet corns too but I prefer fresh things)
- 1/4the cup green capsicum, red bell pepper
- 1/4th cup Pineapple cut into cubes.
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- Salt and black pepper as per taste.
- Cut or chop all above things finely.
- Combine corns, pepper and pineapples and mix them with lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro. (I didn’t have cilantro but it does add good taste)
5. Tomato Soup With Eggs
Make tomato soup and break an egg into it. It looks bad but tastes nice and very filling. There are many other and better ways to have eggs with tomato sauce but I haven’t tried them neither am I aware of it. I Will let you know if I come up with something better or let me know if you know anything interesting and good-looking.
6. Mix Vegetable Salad
Chop cucumber, tomatoes, onions, yellow and red bell pepper and add 1tsp of mayonnaise(I don’t go more than this as these are loaded with fat) in it. Add salt, black pepper, 1tsp white vinegar, 1tsp sugar and mix all . In the end add lots of olives in it. If you love olives then this tastes amazing. I can have this one every day.
7. White sauce pasta with lots of vegetables
I count my pasta and don’t go more than 20 . Boil them in salted water with a bit of olive oil.
Vegetables used – Steamed corn, mushrooms, red, yellow and green bell pepper.
Method & Preparation – In a nonstick pan add 1tsp of olive oil and 2tsp all-purpose flour(maida). When little brown add two cups milk in it and wait for the milk to thicken up.
In another pan saute 1 chopped onion and one chopped tomatoes and when cooked add all the steamed vegetables and milk and boiled pasta. It will be better if one use wheat pasta in it.
I keep experimenting and searching for tasty and healthy recipes. Above recipes will bring a healthy glow on your face and will help you in losing weight. I follow the trick of substituting my food with something better all the time. Instead of having a burger, substitute it with egg sandwich.
For Dominoes cheese pasta go for the above pasta. You won’t feel bad from restraining yourself from yummy food and neither will you be guilty of having loads of fat 🙂
You may also like:
- Oats and Apple Pie Recipe for Babies
- 5 Easy Ways to Give Spinach to Baby
- Capsicum Tomato Salsa Recipe for 1 Year Babies
- Dal Soup Recipe for Babies
- Chicken Soup for Babies With Cold
- Chickpea Tomato Soup for Babies
- Easy Carrot Soup Recipes for Babies
Do share any other tasty and easy healthy recipe for weight loss which you are fond of